Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I never thought I would be so excited about laundry

It was fun...........sometimes
I now think 6 hours sleep is brilliant. I can get ready in 15 minutes. Being able to wash my clothes is a luxury. My head is exploding with the sheer amount of knowledge that I have to memorise and make interesting in 30-40minute talks for each city and country that we visit (there are 42). I have no idea what day of the week it is, what county we are in or what language I should be (attempting) to speak. And its only week 2!!





We have seen and done some amazing things.

In Scotland: The magnificent Edinburgh. Loch Ness (unfortunatley did not see the monster therefore becoming rich and famous). A re-enactment of William Wallace - Braveheart - thanks Tony you are hilarious. My fellow guides downing shots (traditional scottish ones of course) and getting naked. A demonstration of how the Highlanders used to live and a visit to the place were they were wiped out in the horrific battle of Culloden.



Tricks at the Sacre Coeur
Notre Dame
In Paris: Notre Dame - magnificent. Sitting on the steps of the Sacre Couer eating lunch and then studying, listening to the buskers sing and play guitar and looking over Paris - inspirational. Riding bikes around Paris at night whizzing past the glittering Eiffel tower and then a boat cruise on the Seine. Walking the route of the night tour we do driving in to Paris - its over 15km, probably closer to 20km.




Driving in to Lauterbrunnen
Visited the beautiful capital city of Switzerland, Bern on the drive to the jaw droppingly beautiful Lauterbrunnen in the Swiss Alps.

Absolutely amazing.











Sneaky wine in Lake Como with Caitlyn

Found a fantastic back street cafe in Lake Como and had the owner bring us what she recommended along with some gorgeous red wine. Drove down into the sparking lights of Monaco and around the Formula 1 track.







Promenade des Anglais, Nice
Walked along the Promenade des Anglais - one of the most beautiful beaches - and through the narrow, twisting streets and food markets of the Old Town in Nice.


My life is amazing!!!

1 comment: